Covid 19 Updates
3/20 Update- Given the governor's announcement, the leadership team at NWCC has made two additional decisions.
- To suspend all weekly gatherings through April 7th.
- To close the church office through April 7th.
If you have any needs or questions, please call 217-429-4278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can continue to support Northwest financially through the website (nwcchurch.org) and app. These are safe, secure, and easy ways to give.
You can also mail your offering to 1306 N. Stanley Avenue, Decatur, IL 62526.
The recorded sermon will be available on Saturday evenings on the website and app.
We are praying that our next gathering will be April 12th, which happens to be Easter Sunday. We are anticipating a great time of worship and reconnection.
3/19 Update- In order to comply with CDC recommendations, the leadership team at Northwest has decided to suspend all weekly church gatherings until April 1. At that point we will reevaluate the decision and determine if further suspension of gatherings is needed.
During this time there are many ways for the church to be the church. We want to encourage you to:
- Pray: People are feeling great anxiety and uncertainty during this time. Pray for peace. Pray for health care workers. Pray for those affected by the virus. Pray for people being affected economically.
- Send A Message: An encouraging text, email, or phone call can go a long way.
- Study Scripture: There are so many resources available online to immerse ourselves in God’s word and be encouraged.
- Serve The People In Your Home: Being homebound can be really difficult, serving is a way to make sure that every member of the family is being cared for.
In addition, we will be providing a video teaching posted each Saturday evening to our church website (nwcchurch.org), app, and YouTube channel. For the next two weeks we will finish our Origin Story series on Genesis 1-11.
You can also read Steve’s blog at stevehiggs.blog. These blog entries are meant to challenge, encourage, and equip the church.
During this time, the church office will keep regular office hours, Monday-Thursday, in the mornings (8:30-noon) and flex hours in the afternoon (meetings can be made by appointment).
There are three ways to continue financially supporting Northwest: digitally (app or website), mail (1306 N. Stanley Avenue, Decatur, IL 62526), or drop off (you can bring your offering to the church office between 8:30am and noon, Monday through Thursday.).
These decisions were not made lightly and we already long for the time when we will gather again. God is greater than our fear and we will get through this time together.
Be wise but don’t be afraid,
Leadership Team, Northwest Christian Church.